Chocolate is the world’s most perfect food! That is my story, and I’m sticking to it. Since this is a fact, when one gets the “I must have chocolate NOW desire,” there is nothing to be done but have some chocolate. The conundrum is when one knows that if she buys a bag of chocolate chip cookies or bakes a batch, even half a batch, she will be made to eat all of the cookies in short order by forces beyond her control. What is one to do?
A short time ago, I remember seeing briefly some post or recipe or blog or article – not sure what now – of someone making a cookie for one. I did a quick web search and, not finding a recipe of such that met with my pantry stores and preferred cooking method, I decided to create my own recipe.
Deep-dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for One (or two if you are inclined to share)
Pre-heat oven toe 350 degrees (I don’t like “baked” foods cooked in a microwave)
- Between one and two tablespoons of melted butter (Mine was salted, and I am not sure of the exact amount as I cut the butter off of a solid block of butter)
- About 1 1/2 tablespoons each of granulated sugar and brown sugar
- A few drops of real vanilla flavoring
- Mostly the yolk from a medium size egg
Mix the above ingredients together in a small, oven-safe cooking bowl (like Pyrex). Add the following and stir thoroughly.
- 5 tablespoons of self-rising flour
- a palm full of chocolate chips
- a few chopped nuts, if desired
Once mixed well, clean off the upper sides of the bowl with a damp paper towel, and put the bowl into the oven. Cook for about 2o minutes (depth of bowl dictates time) or until done and lightly brown on top.
Have a blessed and happy day!