As I woke this morning, it dawned on me that while Autumn is yet almost three weeks away per the calendar, today is the first day after the accepted “summer season” ends. I looked at the September exercise schedule for FiftyForward, and began plotting and planning my exercise experiences for the month. Some of the activities were not available during the summer months, so today is a new beginning of sorts.
Since I find that my new lifestyle routine does not give itself over to making 8:00 a.m. classes with any reasonableness of ease, I sadly ignored the 8:00 and 8:15 a.m. classes, at least for now. I looked at the other options on the calendar and contemplated.
- Strength Training at 8:00 a.m. Tues., Thur., & Sat.
- Yoga at 8:00 a.m. on Wed.
- Walk with Ease at 9:30 a.m. Mon. & Wed.
- Walking Club at 8:15 a.m. on Fri.
- Low-Impact Aerobics at 8:45 a.m. daily
- Line Dancing at 9:30 a.m. on Tues. & Thur.
- Water Aerobics at McKendree at 10:00 a.m. Mon. & Wed.
- Zumba at 12:15 p.m. on on Tues. & Thur.
- Tai-Chi @ 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
With 8:00 a.m. classes eliminated for now, here is my plan of attack to try several exercise types and times to see what works best for me.
- Monday: Low-Impact Aerobics at 8:45 (hope I can make this one)
- Tuesday: Tai-Chi at 1:30 p.m. (never tried this before)
- Wednesday: Line Dancing at 9:30 a.m. (two left feet and in Music City – need this)
- Thursday: Zumba @ 12:15 p.m. (hope it is no harder than the one attended before)
It is my hope that during the weekends I’ll find things for the HH and me to do together that are a bit active, and I hope to keep going to the complex pool as long as it is open.
What do you think of my choices? I’ve read that it is good to mix up your exercise routine to “trick” your body. Is this a good idea? Do you have a favorite form of physical activity and exercise?
Have a blessed and happy day!