I’m curious. What kind of description do you think you would give to a person who can honestly say that he or she has done all of the following (in no particular order):
- has taken part in a cattle drive
- has coached Babe Ruth baseball and the team went to state tournament
- has flown a plane and navigated for another pilot
- has tubed down multiple rivers, one of which had white water
- rode a camel in the Middle East
- camped on both sides of the Continental Divide in the Rocky Mountains
- kayaked off the coast of Georgia
- was pulled over as a suspected bank robber
- has visited with Pennsylvania Amish in their homes
- had tea with Bedouins in a tent
- played pool and danced with cowboys in Calvary, Alberta, Canada
- has ridden a train into the Swiss Alps
- has traveled to almost every state in the U. S., including Alaska and Hawaii
- academic honor student
- has dined with senators and congressmen
- came in second in a beauty contest
- has traveled to a dozen foreign countries
- was a member of Civil Air Patrol
Do you have a description in your mind that you might give this person?
Would that description be anything like this?
Middle-aged mother/step-mother to six children and seven grandchildren living in Middle Tennessee and currently battling the middle-age spread
If not, then you may not have the right idea about the person these statements describe because they are all true about me. 🙂
Perhaps you should make a similar list of things that are true about you and see that you are more than what people may think – you are more than meets the eye.
Have a blessed and happy day!