There is something to be said for dating your spouse; it is lots of fun, especially when one can do it within budget.
The HH and I, both 50+, had let “life happening” hinder our dating of each other, so after getting settled from our move, we have made a concerted effort to date each other again. He is on the road so much, it has been up to me to make sure that we have had fun activities to share while staying within our budget. I’m sure it will be no surprise to those of you who have been reading my blog that I have utilized sites such as Groupon, Living Social, and other similar deal sites to add variety and spice to our dates while at the same time saving money.
What have we done? Here is a list of some of the activities we have enjoyed the last couple of months.
- Lunch & a Movie (Groupon half-priced Asian lunch & Entertainment Book By One Get One (BOGO) movie ticket)
- Bare Naked Ladies Concert at Fontanel (one of the few things we bought full price)
- Dinner Murder Mystery Theater (BOGO free through Living Social)
- HH’s first Indian cuisine experience in a nearby town (Groupon half-price)
- Lunch at Fast Freddy’s Cafe (free dessert) and BOGO firing range package (Groupon)
- Lunch & Hick Chicks Comedy Bus Tour of Nashville (Living Social BOGO tour with 1/2 price entree at Dick’s Last Resort)
- Bowling games with shoe rental included (HalfOffDepot discounted bowling package)
- Riding Music City Star to downtown Nashville to attend the Music City BBQ Competition and Festival with listening to live bands at the festival and along lower Broadway (Discounted train tickets and Living Social BOGO festival tickets)
- Dinner at Bria Bistro Italino (Groupon half-priced meal)
- Dinner at Fulin’s Asian (Groupon half-priced meal)
- Hick Chicks Nashville Pub Crawl (Living Social BOGO)
- Cell-Phone-Guided Scavenger Hunt (Groupon BOGO)
- Laser Tag (Living social BOGO)
- Lower-level tickets to the Titans/Chiefs NFL game (Score Big discount)
These are some of the things we have done this summer with a few that are planned between now and our trip to Europe next month. My husband and I have had a blast without breaking our budget. Perhaps you should give it a try, too!
Have a blessed and happy day!