Yippee! It is almost travel time again. You have no idea how excited I am. This morning I booked our major activities for our trip to Berlin, Munich, and Prague. We plan a day in Dresden, but nothing is scheduled in advance there. Here is what’s planned in advance.
“Berlin hop-on hop-off tour allows you to hop-on and off as many times as you like aboard open top double decker buses. There are 20 stops around Berlin, and buses departs every 10 minutes in Summer or 15 minutes in Winter. The continuous route without hopping-off is approx. 2.5 hours and a guided commentary in 13 languages is available. Tickets are valid for 48 hours from first use. Many must-see Berlin attractions are easily accessible enroute including Checkpoint Charlie, Berliner Dom (Cathedral), Pergamon Museum, Brandenburg Gate and the enchanting Charlottenburg Palace.”
“Combine history, art, and architecture on this full-day tour of Prague. See Prague Castle, one of Europe’s largest medieval castles, and take a cruise on the Vltava River. Discover Prague’s top attractions, including the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Lesser Town, the National Theatre, Wenceslas Square and more! Enjoy a 3-course lunch at a luxury restaurant offering fantastic views of Prague. Then, enjoy a relaxing cruise on the Vltava River, accompanied by refreshments and informative commentary from your guide.”
2. Pinakotheken for Museums District
4. Max-Joseph-Platz for Opera House and Residence with Treasure Chamber
5. Marienplatz / Tal for City Hall, Cathedral, Church St Peter, Viktualien Food Market, Hofbraeuhaus
6. Karlsplatz / Stachus for Pedestrian Zone
7. Nymphenburg Palace for Royal Gardens, Amalienburg, Botanical Gardens
8. BMW World & Museum
9A. Olympic Park for Oympic Stadium, Olympic Tower, Sea Life Aquarium and Shuttle Bus to
9B. Allianz Arena FC Bayern Munich Football Stadium
10. Schwabing / English Garden for Artist District, Open Air Cafe
“Hidden in the seclusion of the Bavarian mountains, King Ludwig II built two of his dream castles, Neuschwanstein and Linderhof. This trip from Munich shows you both of these extraordinary castles, the legacy of Bavaria’s fairytale King. Capture the grandeur of these castles and the picturesque mountain scenery of Bavaria in one magical day.”
- King Ludwig II’s Royal Castles tour from Munich
- FairytaleNeuschwansteinCastle – the model for Disney’s SleepingBeautyCastle
- Four hours to explore Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein castle and grounds
- Linderhof hunting lodge castle
- One-hour visit to Linderhof
In addition, we plan to visit Hofbraeuhaus. I emailed the restaurant this morning to find out about potential reservations, and I received a response in minutes! Very impressive.
There are only two things left to do before leaving on our trip: book our last three rooms for the trip (waiting on hotel points to post so I can book all three in Munich at the same time) and order our rail passes for Germany and the CzechRepublic.
How cool is this?!
Have a blessed and happy day!