The HH is a fun person, and his writing is truly interesting and amusing to read. Below is a post originally written as an email. I’ve only corrected grammar and punctuation as needed unless it would have taken away from his voice. I added a few words to make two points of clarification. Otherwise, this is all my dear hubby’s.
As of last Saturday, I have been with Beacon Partners for ten years. Obviously, I love what I do, and I love who I work for and with. Those of you who know me well, know that I keep track of everything, and in ten years that has not changed. So, at the ten-year mark, I’d like to provide you with some information on what it means to be at Beacon for 10 years.
- I have worked for 24 different clients in 12 different states. Interestingly, Tennessee (where I live) is not one of those states.
- I have billed 16,690 hours for Beacon. That is 280 hours, or 35 days shy of two years.
- I have rented 350 cars, mostly Mustangs and Camaros if I can talk the AVIS attendant into letting me have one (occasionally I have been able to get a Dodge Challenger). By the way. I’m driving a Mustang this week. What do I have at home? A red Mustang named Reba (Yes. I sold Isabelle, the BMW Z3).
- I have had over 1,600 hotel stays. That means in the last 10 years I have slept in a hotel room for four and a half years.
- In the last 10 years, I have flown 330,000 miles. To put this in perspective, I have flown to the moon and a third of the way back. Ninety-five percent of that trip, I was asleep.
- I have seen the company grow and expand. Most of you don’t realize that Beacon was in a different building when I started. I didn’t go through orientation until I had been on client site for three months. I remember when expenses were mailed in and done by hand. Oh, and if anyone at the main office is listening, we used to get a clock when we made presidents club (closest thing I ever got to a trophy for utilization). I still have the two I received; you owe me 4 more.
- Finally, in the last 10 years, I have had billings totaling in excess of $2.2 million. I can’t wait to see Mr. Ralph’s new submarine.
For those of you new to the company, I hope this gives you an idea of what life on the road is like. If you love it like I do, this is definitely the place to be. It’s been a blast, I look forward to the next ten
Hope you enjoyed. Later…